You know, it’s weird, being a child of the 80s, I feel like toys these days don’t measure up to those I grew up with. Be paint jobs, articulation, you name it.
But that’s a dangerous slope.
Also felt that way about cartoons for awhile. Like when the first X-MEN cartoon hit in the 90s, I was all, “THIS ANIMATION SUCKS! G.I. JOE AND TRANSFORMERS WAS SO MUCH BETTER!” Then of course, I caught an episode or two of those shows by happenstance… yea, definitely wasn’t what I remembered. Haha.
But even still, if my memory of toys I grew up is jaded, toys today still don’t measure up from toys from overseas. Until now!
In Hasbro’s Studio Series line, they’re releasing an Optimus Prime inspired by the design in last Summer’s BUMBLEBEE movie. Now, I didn’t catch BUMBLEBEE in the theatres. But I have to say, when I saw G1 bots in the trailers, I got a little giddy. And now this toy? HOLY COW, SO COOL! Check it out below!
Here’s some specs for the figure:
- STUDIO SERIES VOYAGER CLASS – Voyager Class figures are 6.5-inch collectible action figures inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the Transformers movie universe.
- 6.5-INCH SCALE OPTIMUS PRIME – Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and detailed hand blasters inspired by the film. The figure is highly articulated for posability.
- BIG SCREEN INSPIRED – Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of Transformers: Bumblebee. Figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic San Francisco Bridge scene.
- 2 ICONIC MODES – Figure features classic conversion between robot and truck modes in 35 steps. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. For kids and adults ages 8 and up.
- REMOVABLE BACKDROP – Removable backdrop displays Optimus Prime figure in San Francisco Bridge scene. Fans can use the backdrop and pose their figures in the scene with their own style.
Will you be getting one? You better believe I am!