On December 12, DEADPOOL 2 is back in theaters with zero F’s given.
That’s right, this holiday season audiences of almost all ages will soon be able to enjoy the Merc with the Mouth’s reimagining of DEADPOOL 2 filtered through the prism of childlike innocence as a PG-13 movie.
Check out the trailer below.
“Fox has been asking for a PG-13 basically since the start in 2006,” Ryan Reynolds told Deadline. “I’ve said no since 2006. Now, this one time, I said ‘Yes’ on two conditions. First, a portion of the proceeds had to go to charity. Second, I wanted to kidnap Fred Savage. The second condition took some explaining…”
Fred Savage will join Reynolds in new scenes for ONCE UPON A DEADPOOL in an homage to Savage’s starring role in the 1987 bedtime-story classic THE PRINCESS BRIDE. Fred remarked, “while my participation in this film was anything but voluntary, I am happy to learn that Fudge Cancer will be the beneficiary of this shameless cash grab”
If you’re curious how the charity part will work, for every ticket sold, $1 will go to the charity Fudge Cancer – previously known as Fuck Cancer, who have graciously changed their name to be more PG-13 friendly for the 12 days of Once Upon A Deadpool’s release.
One thing that I’m stoked about for this release, is that with Fred Savage’s inclusion (grew up on THE PRINCESS BRIDE, do definitely love that gag), as well as what looked like new footage in the trailer. It looks like they’ve filmed some new footage to make the PG-13 transition more seamless, rather than just hatchet up the existing movie to save money.
Definitely looking forward to seeing how ONCE UPON A DEADPOOL shakes out.
ONCE UPON A DEADPOOL opens on December 12th. Will you be checking it out?